Monday, May 24, 2010

He is no longer a pre-teen!


My brother (who I lovingly refer to as Bubba) is 13 now!  Thirteen!  Holy cow Batman...where does the time go?  Not to get all mushy but I remember the day that you were born Bubba.  I was in 5th grade.  It was a Friday...but a very special one; because it was your birthday & because we had "Colonial Day".  I was torn between getting to go to school & participating in the festivities of Colonial Day & dressing up like a Pilgrim, making candles & apple juice & bread the old fashioned way, and many many more fun things that define 5th grade at St. Joachim School.  Not to mention, my love of history has been with me since a young age & fifth grade was no exception.  But, I wanted to get a chance to see you with our sisters.  Thankfully, I have an awesome grandma & dad who worked it out that I could go to school for half the day and then my dad would take me to see you.  Unlike some family members, I had been excited from the get-go about you...but I know for sure that we all could not imagine life with out you.    You were a surprise & a totally awesome one!  You are full of joy, an amazing baseball player & pitcher, goofy fun, have an awesome heart and are very smart!  I love you!!!! <3

No comments: