- The same four year old who told me thanks for cleaning up his sisters mess told his mom this week when she arrived back at home that before I left I needed to teach her how to take the crust off his sandwiches because I do it "really good". He was really excited about my crustless turkey sandwiches.
- I was playing outside with the same four year old boy and his sister. I guess he sneezed on her goldfish and the little sister said "Brittani, he blessed you on my goldfish!".
- A four year old little girl I babysit tonight was adamant about wearing two t-shirts together today in the sweltering heat. And then later on in the evening she made the comment "you are wearing two shirts"...as I was wearing a camisole and light v-neck tee. Too cute. Made me think of her as even more cute :)
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Here are some more funny things that kids have said while babysitting the last couple days:
Monday, August 24, 2009
So, I've decided to do a quick post with some funny phrases I've witnessed lately by the kids I babysit for...they're quite entertaining! (At least I think so)
- a 4 year old boy I babysit is playing with his neighbor (who is a three year old girl...and she has a major crush on him and I am pretty sure he kind of likes her)...they're playing in her play house and the little boy walks out the door and says "Okay, I'm gonna leave and come back. And you're gonna be bad at me because I was late for work"
- a 2 year old girl referencing things as "it's the best in the parade"
- same little two year old girl introducing me to her mom as "this is my friend, mom" (this is after I've babysat her a few times by the way)
- I was watching another little 4 year old boy & his 3 year old sister. I was feeding them dinner & the little girl spilt apple sauce on the floor. She started to cry a little because she was tired already. I tell her "It's ok Em, I can clean it up and get you more applesauce". I clean it up & then her 4 year old brother then follows me into the kitchen and says "Burney, thanks for picking up my sisters mess". He pronounce my name "Burney" like "burr" and "knee" since he 1 or 2 and it's stuck ever since.
Good night :)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
What a crazy and long couple of weeks it's been! Sorry that I haven't posted in a while...there has been a lot going on for sure! I have been working at the temp job for almost a month now (am in the middle of week 3) and I'm so grateful for it! It's entirely scanning documents and then saving them on an electronic database. Thousands of files! There's loads of work to be done. Also, babysitting on the side has picked up quite a lot, which is good for when the job does end. Anyway, the exciting event that has just happened was the Molly Jenson concert to benefit my trip to India! I felt like it went well! Molly was awesome, a good number of people showed up and everyone had a blast! It help out a lot! And, it was a good send off for my little sister Kori (because she left for college at Chico State the next day---so bittersweet). I am still planning on babysitting right now and hoping for a part time job too to supplement but it's hard to find, and it's definitely not easy working 40 hours a week and then going to babysit or tutor (or both in one day sometimes!!!!) and try and job search. I am also contemplating staying in my current living situation because the lease is up October 1st...it would be nice to be in a place where I can save money is all I'll say about that for now (because there are so many things I can go into detail about in terms of my living situation as well as me saving money right now, believe me). So, I think that's about it folks...I'll leave you with some pictures from the Molly Jenson concert thanks to the lovely and talented photographer Kristi Clark :) Peace & much love!!!