Thursday, March 3, 2011

Busy, busy...and tired

As usual, lots has been going on in my neck of the woods. This week has been busy for me. And it's gone by very fast. I've taken up a new "hobby", so to speak these past 2 weeks. I've gotten into running. Little by little, I'm able to run longer distances and extended time periods. My heart and lungs are great, it's my muscles that need the training. My problem is my legs start to feel heavy and tired and I can't run the whole path I have set out to exercise.
An exciting event that has also happened is that my roommate and good friend Reny has become a U.S. citizen! I'm so proud of her dedication and perseverance. She's been in the U.S. for 17 years. And she did all her paperwork on her own, without the help of any lawyers. She's already applied for her U.S. Passport!

I've babysat a little bit in the last two weeks. I want to leave you with some fun of the funny things that I've heard kids say.
  • I sing sometimes. A little boy I babysit for asks me "is that Jesus?" whenever I do.
  • The same little boy noticed that I was wearing a (faux) large pearl bracelet. He said "those are balls! But you can't roll them"
  • I agreed to help a family by babysitting early in the morning before I went to work. I was there before the little boy woke up. When he got up, I went to get him out of his room. We talked for a minute or two and then I decided to open the blinds. It was 6:30am, and the sun was barely peeking through the night-time's end. You could tell as I was opening the blinds, it was still not entirely sunny out; but the little guy tells me to close his blinds "because it's too dark out" in the funniest tone (as if it were because it was too sunny). Haha. At the least, I get what he was trying to convey. And I agreed, it was very early and I don't think I was entirely awake either.
I love kids. They bring me so much joy.

2 comments:

Amanda Lane said...

How's the running? Good for you, that's awesome!
I love your babysitting anecdotes! Hehe! Kids are so funny!
I'm hoping I'll see you on Good Friday... Yay :) Miss ya!

Brittani Nichole said...

Thanks Amanda. Running is going ok...haven't been able to step it up even more yet. Been too busy. But, gonna start more this weekend. And miss ya too! :) Really hope to see ya on Good Friday!