Tuesday, January 2, 2018

An adventure of a lifetime in France!

In October of 2016, I went on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure to France. I had literally just took the nursing license exam a week and a half before, and found out days before going to France that I passed. And I was a month away from turning 30-years-old. It was time to celebrate finishing the accelerated portion of the nursing program (which was INSANE), becoming a licensed registered nurse and turning 30! I planned it all myself and took train, subways or busses everywhere within France. I was there for 2 whole weeks, and went from Paris to Lyon to Annecy to Nice and back to Paris. It was amazing to experience the beautiful country and culture, which I happened to experience in some part with my friend Erin. It was also empowering to plan it all on my own and travel on my own for 75% of the trip. 
It is so hard to pick one thing that was the most memorable about the trip, but it is SO HARD TO CHOOSE. So, here's pictures and a few quick details about the trip. I want to go back; and when I do I want to visit the Normandy region and Versailles. Note: all photos are taken by me and cannot be used without permission.

Paris, France: I loved the food, the passionate people, the markets and the Latin Quarter. 









Lyon, France: A gorgeous town in the Alps. I took this trolley to their chapel. I had such a lovely French Airbnb hostess, Isabella, host who showed me around the whole town.




Annecy, France: Deep in the French Alps. Absolutely breathtaking. It was surreal...the beautiful lake and mountains. I rented a bike and rode around the lake. The Chateau was beautiful.



 Nice, France: Beautiful beaches, markets and delicious socca!






During one of the days I was in Nice, I took a bus for a short ride to Monaco where I saw the Monte Carlo and the Price of Monaco's palace. All I can say is that there is so much money there.



 A wonderfully delicious dinner at the famous 3 Micheline Star Restaurant Arpege in Paris:












At the Notre Dame with my dear friend Erin










The Luvre and Mona Lisa: 



 The Basilica du Sacré-Coeur de Montmartre and surrounding art district


Luxenberg Gardens





I also got to meet up in France with my friend Kelli and her sweet boy Cohen. Kelli and I have gone to India together. She, her husband David & son Cohen had lived in France for 5 years before that (and she gave me lots of recommendations).

The Pantheon, where many famous French people have been buried...including Marie Curie.



On my very last night of the trip I went to the Montparnasse Tower and on it's 58th floor is the rooftop area where you can view the whole city. It was unbelievable at night! 


No comments: