Sunday, October 10, 2010

hard work now pays off later...

I've been trying forever to write a post! Wouldn't it be nice if it just wrote itself? I mean really? :) There is a lot going on in many different areas of my life. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. Work, friendships, family, and also working on myself. You know when there are times in your life when some personally difficult things come up, and you have to take care of them. You can't shove them under the rug; you just can't. Just gotta deal with cleaning up what's dirty. It's a time of growing and maturing. It's not easy, but it only leads to healthiness and only benefits me in the long run.

For example, I have a new part time job and I want to be the best that I can be at it. But, that requires a good amount on my part to actually be intentional and do it well. Or, there's been a period of time this summer where my schedule was absolute madness and unorganized stress for me. So, I took control of it and now I'm not stressed by it. Or, learning/realizing that I have never had a good example of being financially wise, managing my money well and saving. To the extent where it's kinda (moderately) slapped me in the face and convicted me to want to do better and get out of that cycle. With the advice of my good friend as well as my roommate, I am getting (what I like to call) "financially buff". Also, I cannot begin to express how simply amazing my roommates are! Seriously amazing! They are looking out for me, have my best interest at heart, are so insightful, believe in me, love me, seek the Lord so much, are so wise, refreshing, have so much discernment and have helped me in so many ways lately. In such a way that blows my mind, and leaves me feeling like I know that they are in my life for a reason and they are so right in tune with God, and God is using them to speak into my life. One other thing that's been working on is getting accountability for getting my butt in gear for grad school an really making progress with being able to meet all the requirements. (Thanks Tselane!)

There is a lot of refining and big things and foundational things happening in my heart, and I am always encouraged during times like these and thankful for all the ways that God is so present in my life personally.

No comments: