Monday, February 9, 2009

I've got a fever baby, and the only cure is more cowbell!

So, I got through this past week.  Lots of early morning studying, and latte's.  But God still provided amazingly...having some babysitting jobs get canceled, by really helping me study, and I know this sounds weird (but it's so God) but it felt like God really increased my brain's capacity to retain information.  Anyway, after my midterm on Saturday I had a great time going to the art show of a woman I babysit for.  It was quite fun to hang with them a little bit outside of babysitting, and it was at the church we both go to which was awesome.  (Rockharbor loves to display the arts). 
Anyway, the concert I went to featuring Jon Foreman of Switchfoot and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek was a great way to treat myself after a 3 1/2 hour midterm.  It was a great venue and such a great show...Molly Jensen even opened for Fiction Family!!  It was fun.  I will admit, also a little adventurous because Stephanie and I parked about 2 or 3 residential blocks away from the venue and because the streets were so wack, I sort of caused us to take a detour in walking to the venue.  Slight setback...but we made it with plenty of time to spare.  Yesterday, I had a meeting for the mission trip to India, and it was awesome.  I feel like we are a close nit team, and even though we are all slightly still processing not going in December and feeling like going in March is not real yet, I am certain that we are going then for a reason and that God is going to lift our spirits and do so much work through us.  I am hopeful and faithful that He is going to surprise us.  We are going to visit homes for the elderly and the "schools" (we would call them orphanages) and AIDS/HIV hospitals and do a clean water well dedication and visit a center that International Princess Project has built to give women who were in prostitution a job making clothes and such.  We are also "99% sure" going to be staying at Suresh's four story house instead of a hotel (for safety and monetary reasons--but I think it's pretty cool).  It's exciting and I know that our plans are solidified, and this trip was going to happened actually, even if the December trip did happen....it's not a "pity trip" or lesser trip.  The leaders made sure we knew that yesterday....so, it really had a purpose and God is protecting us.  So, if you could keep praying for me, the team and the trip that would be awesome.  Pray for our hearts, our courage (because it's a shorter trip and less time to acclimate to the culture shock we need it) and our health.  Also, the weather is usually 90-105' C in March, so I'm a little concerned about that for us.  Thanks everyone, and God bless!  23 more days until takeoff!

No comments: