Saturday, February 28, 2009

This is for real!!!

So, yesterday was a pretty big "wow" moment.  It felt so real that I am going to India.  I was babysitting and when the mom of the little girl got home she prayed for me and was so excited and encouraging!  It was at that moment that this trip seemed even more real to me.  I am just so blessed that I am able to go, that all my support has been raised, and that I have so many people who care and are excited for me!  I feel so covered in love and prayer and support that it has really changed my spirit.  Last weekend I was a little bit anxious and frantic about going, and I am not exactly quite sure why.  I just have so many praises for so many blessings.  Like the fact that in both of my classes, I get to take my makeup midterms almost a week and a half after I get back because we have Spring break when I get back and my teachers don't want to come to school on their week off!!!  God has just so provided!  Talk about a relief, and feeling so covered and protected and blessed by the LORD!  And I actually feel this week has been full of little reminders by God.  (And I know to some this may seem cheesy, but to me I know it's His touch).  I was working at my aunt's company and went into the mailroom (which normally doesn't have people's things left in it) and someone left the newspaper there with the page turned to all these adorable children in India watching the Oscars on a TV and they all knew the little boy who played in "Slumdog Millionaire".  Also, I went to the store on Tuesday specifically to buy yogurt with active cultures to help my GI tract for the trip, and I bought 2 packs, which I realized totaled eight yogurts which just happened to be the exact number of days that I needed to eat the yogurt until we take off for India; and after I had already bought them and put them away, the expiration date said "March 5", which is the day we take off.  Just little ways to show me that He is real and that He wants me to go and He is going to make it happen.  Thank you all for your prayers and support and care through all of this.  I know it is going to be such an amazing trip!  And I know that there is a reason for us not going in December!  I feel very much at peace about going and am waiting in an awesome anticipation now, and not anxiety!  Thank goodness!  Shalom to you all!

No comments: