Monday, December 14, 2009

A lot of happenings happening...12 more days...no wait, maybe only 11 more days!

There are suppose to be 12 more days!!!! 12 more days! I can't believe it! In 12 days I should be all packed, and getting on a plane for a 2 week trip to India! It's definitely a cool feeling because I've been reminded in the last two weeks about where I was this time last year and how I (and the team I was suppose to go on) learned that our trip was being postponed until an unknown date. I say there are suppose to be 12 more days, because the funny thing is that there's a little kink in our plans right now, but something that is actually being worked out. We actually got news today that our airline (British Airways) are planning a strike from Christmas until New Years. Perfect timing, right? It looks like our travel agent is able to book us a new flight with a different airline if that happens...however, British Airways will only allow to transfer flights if the flight is cancelled, which we won't know ahead of time...so hopefully it won't be difficult to find 32 seats on a flight to India if all of this does happen. The cool thing is that if we do change our flights we'd get to spend two extra days in India! That would be awesome! If you all could be praying about this for us and for provision and peace and God's perfect hand in all of this.
In other happenings...I've been feeling a little bit not entirely myself lately. I use to get weird hot flashes (because of my lack of hormones---but that's another Oprah...or blog post I guess) and they've happened a few weeks ago (and lasted about 2 weeks)...and yesterday at the team meeting I got teary eyed at two different points (they were emotional points, but still, I am not a teary eyed and emotional type of girl). And for some reason, the thought of dating and marriage has been on my mind a lot and I am usually strong in that area. It's been neat to have talks with friends about the subject though, and be encouraged and have a lot of great single (girl)friends! I love you all! It is truly a desire of my heart to be married, and I am still not getting worked up about it and making it my life aspiration to be a wife, and I know that God has this amazing amazing (so amazing it needs 2 amazings) for my life. But for some reason the subject has been on my mind a lot and a desire to be dating/married. I am a firm believer that being a wife or any of the things that come along with marriage do not make you any more of a woman than someone not married. Marriage is something that I hold important value in, because it is a gift God has given us, but I want it to be right and for the right reasons. So, I am living, learning, growing and maturing as a single woman, and maybe someday God will bless me with a husband who he has made for me. That's the end of my ranting. Anyway, that's what's been happening. Thanks y'all for reading my blog...I love it when you comment :)

No comments: