Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Moneywise

So, I started to write this blog about 2 weeks ago.  I know it had been a while since I last blogged... to be honest, I felt like I was so overwhelmed with babysitting and all the things going on I didn't have it in me to blog.  Because of that as well I didn't have inspiration about what to blog about.  Then, when I sat down to blog yesterday a flood of ideas came in.  Funny how that works, isn't it.  In the past 3-4 weeks I have: bought (a roundtrip) ticket to Washington D.C. (woot woot!), bought Switchfoot concert tickets for their hometown (San Diego) concert, finally bought a nice replacement straightening iron, and I actually moved into my new place with my own room!  Phew.  That's a mouthful, and a lot of expenses.  Seriously crazy.  However, that's all paid for with cash.  I know that some of those things aren't necessary, but they're things that I've been waiting (and waiting) on.  I've just been thinking about my expenses lately, and how I'm blessed to be able to save some money lately in preparation for all these things.  And, of course, I've had a lot of work lately.  It definitely isn't not easy to manage finances...it takes work and planning.  But i find it very valuable for me to balance my checkbook and also plan ahead to see what babysitting jobs that are in the future and the amount of work I have lined up.  I've prayed that I can also get some rest and feel refreshed, because I have definitely been feeling bogged down/tired because I've been working more than usual.  And I feel that this past weekend being with some lovely friends and having a big 'ole celebration has brought me lots of joy and a renewed perspective (albeit, even if I didn't get much extra rest in...but that's okay).  This might be a random post, but my purposes are to simply open people up to spending within their means and being accurate with the money they are keeping.  It can definitely be worthwhile.  (and, isn't my post title fitting? right?...moneywise...being wise with money...no? maybe it's just getting late...haha)  :)

No comments: