Monday, June 20, 2011

Orange County Skies Aren't As Blue As The Skies In Colorado

A few weeks ago, over Memorial Day weekend, I was able to take a vacation to Denver, Colorado. And let me tell you, it was a vacation. It was filled with spending time with a good friend, being out in nature, relaxing and making new friends. This is the horse that I rode on. His name is Bam. Short for BamBam. I was a little suspicious when I first got paired up with him, but he actually turned out to be the best horse.

Here Stephanie and I are with our horses after our hour long ride. The funny thing is that we didn't even plan the purple jacket coordination. There was a funny moment where one of the cowboys on the ranch looked at my shoes and said, "Those are some nice shoes. Are they Puma's?". And then "are you sure you want to where those ridin'?".
The next day, we went hiking in Eldorado Park. It was beautiful. Filled with a river, huge rocky mountains to climb, and so much to see. Everything I saw felt like it came out of a postcard...except it was real! Even better!
We also went to Idaho Springs. It's a very small, almost run down, old mining town. My friend Stephanie said it'd be fun to go to, and a friend of hers had taken her to this pizza place called Beau Jo's. We get there and they have this thing called the "mile high pizza". I knew I'd seen it before on the show Man vs. Food...I asked, and I was right! And let me tell you, the pizza was huge! And they had some crazy toppings...like spaghetti and meatball pizza. It was a neat little town.
(the falls, in Idaho Springs, CO)

I also had the opportunity to meet Stephanie's boyfriend for the first time that weekend. And we got to spend a lot of time all together. Aren't they just a cute couple?

No comments: