Thursday, November 5, 2009

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

I am up earlier than I need to be this morning...I don't have to babysit for another 2 hours. For me that rings of "the perfect time to blog". :) There are quite a few things going on. My preparation for going to India is in full swing. We had a team meeting on Sunday that went very well! And then after the drama team for the trip met and we had a pretty good meeting as well. And today, I am getting my one and only immunization I need for this trip, I am very excited about my birthday because a few on my friends & I are going to spend the night in Palm Desert on my birthday (which is on a Saturday this year)! I am so looking forward to this because I literally can't remember the last time that I've been able to get away (even if it's just for the night). And Palm Springs/Palm Desert is such a relaxing and enjoyable place for me because it reminds me of fun times & holidays when my grandparents use to live there. I am also excited for this month because I get to see Switchfoot twice! First at a mini-concert they're playing at Jimmy Kimmel Live, and then at the House of Blues Anaheim! YAY (because they have a new CD out and this tour that's all they are singing)! Anyway, in other exciting news, my little sister is coming home for Thanksgiving! She wasn't planning on it until literally two or three days ago. I'm glad I get to see her! An update for India is that my support is very lacking this trip. Even with my own deposit & the funds from the house concert with Molly Jenson I am only at 13 or 14%. The good news though is I know people are excited and supportive of me going, and even in these hard economic times, if I don't receive all the support (like I did last year) I am working a lot & saving to pay for the trip. I am trying to also think of more creative & fun ways to fundraise, so if you've got any ideas send them my way. (I'm thinking at this point I'm going to try to contact businesses to see if they can donate.) I am also having faith & trusting that God is good and faithful and will provide in some unique and awesome ways. With that said though, after talking with the family that I babysit 4-5 days a week, they are not going to need me as much come January. So, I feel almost as if babysitting has definitely helped provide work but it has sort of masked the fact that I need to be looking for a "real job". But I am sort of looking forward to that because I will have set hours so I can go to class; and when I've worked in a business before it's definitely not as draining to me as running around with a two year old or even a three & five year old so hopefully my studies and energy for school will increase as I will be taking a class or two come January. Well, that's all for now. Peace & much love. xoxo
p.s. -- ten gold stars to anyone who knows what movie I'm quoting in the title of this post

No comments: