Saturday, May 30, 2009

Molly Jenson Concert was t(witt)erific!!!

So, thanks to Twitter I had the opportunity to meet with one of my favorite artists...Molly Jenson. I am not continuously on Twitter, but on Tuesday of this week I check it mid-day and what do you know, Molly Jenson had literally just sent at tweet saying she needed someone to help sell merchandise at her conceret at Hotel Cafe in Los Angeles, and you could also get you and a friend in to see her concert. Of course I replied right away! Heck, I love things like that. And what do you know, I was the first one to respond (truly had to do with the timing of it all since I'm not on twitter all the time) and last night was the concert. I was excited because my roommate Kristi and I got to meet her ahead of time, watch her perform and then sell merchandise. She is a great singer and she is just so sweet and cute in person. It was my fourth time seeing her, so it was neat to be able to talk to her about that and how I actually won tickets last year from her by being the first to respond to an e-mail she sent out on her e-mail list about free tickets she had up for grabs. Lol. Moral of the story: 1) promote your local artists 2) twitter is good (along with e-mail and technologically savvy forms of communication--that's right, I said savvy. Sounds very Jack Sparrow from Pirates. lol)

No comments: