India is about 80% Hindu, 14% Muslim, and only 2% are Christian. Only about 50% of the one billion-person population is literate, and the average per capita income is $270 U.S. dollars per year. The average life expectancy is 58 years old. In part because of Hindu beliefs, India is an impoverished third-world country that feels little hope for change and improvement.
Our team will be traveling from December 26th to January 10th. During our trip we will be: helping provide villages with wells for pure drinking water, giving help to the poor and those considered untouchable, aiding the pastors in India in evangelist events to reach many villages with the hope of the Gospel, and also giving support and hope for a better life to a local orphanage.
Our first and most important support needed is prayer. We are asking for prayer:
· For our team safety while traveling, and during our time in India
· That we are spiritually prepared for any spiritual battles that may be encountered
· That we may share the Gospel boldly & with the love that Our Savior Jesus has shown us
· For unity, support, flexibility and compassion within our team
· That people we meet will have hearts prepared to receive Jesus as their Lord & Savior, and One True God
· That all the team members will be able to raise the financial support necessary to go
· That the pastors, church planters and people of India will be encouraged and strengthened as followers of Christ.
Secondly, there is a need for financial support if you feel called to also participate financially. I have committed to raise $3,500. If you would like to make a donation to my trip or know of others who would, please make donations payable to ROCKHARBOR Church. Please do not write my name or the country anywhere on the check. You may use the included return envelope, which is already addressed and indicates that the donation is for my trip. If you use your own envelope, please mail it to: ROCKHARBOR Church
Attn: India/Brittani Ehrhorn
3080 Airway Ave. Suite A
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Please note that donations are tax deductible and are non refundable. All donations will go towards the overall cost of the trip, and any excess funds will first help to cover the team’s costs and secondly will be gifted to the ministry we are going to serve.
Thank you all very much for your support of this ministry; I am so blessed for you to be apart of it alongside me.