Friday, November 7, 2008

Info about my trip to India

The heat today was not fun...at least when you're me and are babysitting and like to be outside. We're in the first week of November and in Orange County it's in the 80's! I suppose to me this very peculiar weather can be a blessing, because it's going to be hot in India next month. Maybe I'll go from a warm fall in CA, to a warm India if there isn't any freak change in the weather here. So, my aunt Liz sent me a very encouraging verse that she stumbled upon. It's very applicable to me (and of course everyone):
Isaiah 52:12--But you will not go out in haste, nor will you go as fugitives; For the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be you rear guard.
Thanks for sharing that Lizzy :) So, as I've mentioned the India team has a meeting this Sunday. Before the meeting, the team preparing the dramas for the trip(which I'm apart of) is gathering to prepare. It'll be great, and I know we have some great ideas. I will also have an update about my support afterwards. More information about the trip if you didn't know: we are leaving December 26th, 2008 and returning January 10th, 2009. Our only stop is in London. We are going to be helping put on a crusade and vacation bible school, helping the untouchables, maybe visiting a nursing school of women who have been saved from a former life of prostitution, visiting an orphanage, a Bible college, rural villages, dedicating a clean water well and a lot more. Because we aren't going to be in urban areas, the women on the team will be wearing traditional Indian sari's, and the men will be wearing pants (just a little side note). If you're interested in looking at the ministries we are going to be helping, more info can also be found at harvestindia.org.

No comments: